Thursday, May 10, 2012

it's time

We're working on a new website at St. Timothy's and one of the things that has to happen is there to be a link to my sermons.  I've hesitated to publish them or send them out because 1) I format them in a way that works for my preaching style, but doesn't work well for reading and therefore requires reformatting and 2) the whole process of publishing them seems somehow, well, like putting myself forward.  I have no issue at all with folks taking them on Sundays, and indeed, invite folks to do so.  And I'm not ashamed or embarrassed about what I write or say.  


It's just that I was raised in a household where we were expected to not call attention to ourselves.  And this whole idea of publishing for the whole world to see (although I know that maybe, what 3 people will see this?) takes me back to that place.  


I guess I have to get it over, don't I?  And that's what we all have to do.  Get over how we were raised, and get over ourselves.  After all, it's to the glory of God.  That is what we do.

No comments: